Given the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its declaration by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as a global health pandemic, TELEAUS is taking considered actions to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of our people, clients, guests, suppliers and contractors.
TELEAUS has implemented safeguards that meet official Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines and taken additional steps to minimise the potential impact:
• Domestic travel is limited to essential travel.
• We have suspended all international business travel.
• TELEAUS people who have travelled or transited from any international location, whether for business or personal travel are required to isolate themselves at home (other than for seeking medical care) and monitor their health for 14 days upon return.
• TELEUAUS has advised any of our people who do not feel comfortable travelling domestically at this time that they should not do so and alternative arrangements will be made.
• At TELEAUS face-to-face meetings should only be held if an in-person meeting is essential.
• All internal and external TELEAUS hosted meetings, events and training sessions with 20 or more attendees are cancelled effective Thursday 19 March.
• For events still taking place (under 20 people) only:
• We have advised our people to exercise caution in meetings (good traffic flow, crowd minimisation, spacing people 1.5 metres apart, no handshaking) with heightened hygiene practices.
• Ensure all invited and registered guests are aware of this public statement prior to meeting.
• Rooms will be cleaned and sanitised after each meeting.
• Field based staff who have been requested to remain away from the office, and who are not required to be in self isolation, may continue to work where they are to:
• Maintain Social Distancing if working in teams greater than 2
• Do not have direct contact with other teams or team members
• Are not required to enter customer premises
• There will be a limit on the number of people gathering in any location:
• Maximum number of 10 people gathering in one location
• Toolbox meetings will be held as virtual meetings using dial in conferencing
1. Clients, guests, suppliers and contractors visiting TELEAUS offices in Australia.
The Australian Government advises that anyone who has travelled internationally or has come into direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 must isolate themselves (other than to seek medical advice) and should monitor their health for 14 days from the date of entry or contact. We ask that our clients, guests, suppliers and contractors follow this advice to ensure their own safety as well as the safety of our other clients, guests, suppliers and contractors, our people and the public.
For TELEAUS clients, guests, suppliers and contractors who have travelled from or transited through any international location in the last 14 days, we ask that you advise your preferred TELEAUS contact and conduct virtual meetings (rather than in person meetings) for 14 days or cancel/defer the meeting.
TELEAUS provides hand sanitisers and disinfectants in all offices to promote a healthy workplace, and we encourage visitors (and our people) to adhere to heightened hygiene practices. If you are feeling unwell when visiting our offices, please make your TELEAUS host aware so we can support you accordingly.
Working with clients to safeguard the health and safety of our people
TELEAUS requests our clients take their own measures to respond to COVID-19, in accordance with official Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
2. If TELEAUS people at client sites are concerned their host client site is not taking reasonably practicable steps to proactively prevent the spread of COVID-19 so far as it is able, TELEAUS has directed our people to speak with their team leader or project director immediately.
3. If you are an organization with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 and TELEAUS clients or people may be affected, we ask that you immediately contact your preferred TELEAUS contact or your supervisor.
If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days
1800 675 398